Community Links is a private, non-profit organization providing direct support services to the citizens of McKean, Elk and Cameron Counties with Intellectual Disabilities.
Community Links incorporates the core values and principles of “Every Day Lives” and the concept of Positive Approaches in the standards for our planning, policy development and service design.
Community Links endorses the mission of the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Office of Developmental Programming to “Support Pennsylvanians with developmental disabilities to achieve greater independence and enhanced quality of life.”
Community Links affirms that you will be continually supported to exercise your individual rights. Community Links will educate, assist and provide the accommodations necessary for you to make choices and understand your rights.
- You will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed disability, religious affiliation, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
- You have the right to civil and legal rights afforded by law, including the right to vote, speak freely and to practice your religion or no religion if you choose.
- You may not be abused, neglected, mistreated, exploited, abandoned or subjected to corporal punishment.
- You have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- You have the right to make choices and accept risks.
- You have the right to refuses to participate in activities and services.
- You have the right to control your own schedule and activities.
- You have the right to personal privacy and private possessions.
- You have the right to have access to and security of your possessions.
- You have the right to choose a willing and qualified provider for your services.
- You have the right to choose where, when and how to receive needed services.
- You have the right to voice concerns about the services that you receive.
- You have the right to any assistive devices and support services you need to enable your communication at all times.
- You have the right to participate in the development and implementation of your individual plan.
- You and those you designate have the right to access your records.
- You will not be reprimanded, punished or retaliated against for exercising your rights.
Community Links is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in the hiring or in the provision of services to, persons by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or HIV status.
Community Links complies with all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Guidelines.