Community Links is a private, non-profit organization providing direct support services to the citizens of McKean, Elk and Cameron Counties with Intellectual Disabilities.
Community Links incorporates the core values and principles of “Every Day Lives” and the concept of Positive Approaches in the standards for our planning, policy development and service design.
Community Links endorses the mission of the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Office of Developmental Programming to “Support Pennsylvanians with developmental disabilities to achieve greater independence and enhanced quality of life.”
Community Links affirms that our services….
- Respect and protect your rights as an individual.
- Believes that you should have the same benefits of community living as any other citizen in your community.
- Make sure you have the same access to the community as individuals who do not have disabilities.
- Believes that you can have access to meals and snacks the same as any individual at any time during the provision of services.
- Believes that you should feel safe and be safe in the community.
- Give you the opportunity to pick your services (what you want to do) and to receive your services where and when you want to have them.
- Your services will be provided in your home or integrated in the community 100% of the time.
*This information has been taken from ODP Bulletin 00-03-05; “Principles for the Mental Retardation System” issued by the Department of Public Welfare 6/13/2013.
Community Links is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in the hiring or in the provision of services to, persons by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, or HIV status.
Community Links complies with all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Guidelines.